23 Queens Road
let's find your new home
Search for Real Estate in and around Duncan
Character and CHARM circa 1962. Original golden oak floors throughout main except for kitchen. Spacious country kitchen with tons of cabinets and large island to work on. Cute Juliet balcony to enjoy garden views and access clothes line. Eating nook area in kitchen area is surrounded by windows to take in the garden views. Solid oak floors. Convenient access to Dining area off kitchen. Relax in the large livi...
WATERFRONT Maple Bay acreage with southern exposure! 6000 sq ft of living space with 2200 sq ft of decks with views of Salt Spring Island's Mount Maxwell, Octopus Point, Paddys Milestone and Bird's Eye Cove. Full moons and sun rises in Maple Bay! Spacious kitchen has expansive windows affording ocean views. Glass covered deck off kitchen to BBQ under the maple trees in private. Atrium is a year round tropical...
Privacy abounds in Maple Bay! West Coast contemporary home with ocean views in sought after Maple Bay. Huge living and dining entertainment area with full height windows with access by patio doors to deck. Wood fireplace in living room area. Efficient kitchen and powder room complete the main floor. Upstairs is the master floor - massive master bedroom, lots of closet space and 5 piece master ensuite with sau...
On the market for the first time in a quiet neighbourhood is this 2,100 sq. ft. 3 bed 3 bath home. The large open concept living and dining room are bright and spacious with large windows and a propane fireplace with custom mantle. The galley kitchen has ample storage and counter space with an eating nook. Completing the upstairs is the master bedroom with walk in closet and ensuite, a 2nd bed and 4pc bath. T...
Nestle your new home on a beautiful and quiet 2.47 acre Creek Front property. There is a great building site at the top of the property and the Septic area has been perked and is ready for installation. This property comes with easy access to Saltair Cvrd Water. There is no building scheme on this property. Therefore, you can build whatever you wish according to the R-2 zoning for the area. This property does...
How about 25+ West facing acres across the water from Maple Bay Marina? This fairly level lot is treed and pretty with power to the lot line and has some ocean views. There is potential for subdivision to 5 acre lots with 2 homes allowed on each parcel - subject to compliance with municipal requirements. Stoney Hill Road is newly paved making this property easily accessible. Eagles in the air, deer on the gro...
MAPLE BAY - heart of the village! Enter through unique revolving gate to stunning gardens. Stone archway and wrought iron door welcome you into this executive custom built home. Kitchen layout is ergonomically designed, built in oven, raised D/W and soft close drawers. Butler pantry for AM coffee and PM cocktails! Adjoining walk in pantry and laundry area. Quartz counters throughout main. BBQ deck off kitchen...
VIEW Corner suite 2 bedroom condo! Sunsets and views of Mount Prevost, City Hall Clock and Law Courts. Whole condo was remodeled 4 years ago. Updated kitchen with new counter tops, backsplash and sink. New flooring and paint throughout, cork throughout except for the bathroom. Newer baseboards, crown molding, light fixtures, hardware on all doors, electrical plates, and electrical updates. High end blinds and...
WONDERFUL FAMILY HOME at an affordable price! Here's a 3 bed, 3 bath home with a huge family room that is awesome for the kiddies (currently used as the 4th bedroom) and a cozy wood-stove, a good sized living room with lots of light, a dining room with french doors leading to one of the two back patio areas and a large level, fully fenced back yard! The home has a built-in vacuum including a dust vacuum in th...
Consulting a REALTOR®
REALTORS® are members of The Canadian Real Estate Association who subscribe to a Code of Ethics and Standards of Business Practice. Members of the Victoria Real Estate Board are members of both the British Columbia and Canadian Real Estate Associations.The following is a list of services you can expect to receive from a REALTOR® when you buy a home:
- A REALTOR® will fully explain the details of your working relationship (called "agency") so that you are clear as to when a REALTOR® is working for you or for the seller.
- A REALTOR® has access to hundreds of current listings of homes for sale because of a co- operative system called the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®).
- A REALTOR® can provide you with a customized list of homes that best meet your needs -- size, style, features, location, proximity to schools, shopping, etc. - and then make arrangements for you to view those homes that appeal to you the most.
- A REALTOR® will help you determine how big a home you can afford. REALTORs® are familiar with the local lending market and can offer helpful advice.
- A REALTOR® has no emotional ties to any type or style of home and can be objective in pointing out the merits of one home over another.
- A REALTOR® will have information on zoning changes, taxes, utility costs and school and recreation services that could affect your decision to buy a home in a specific area.
- A REALTOR® will assist you in negotiating the terms of your purchase, which can be a nerve- wracking process for someone who is not experienced in negotiating.
- A REALTOR® will advise you of the legal process required in obtaining title and taking possession of your property; the costs associated with buying a home such as insurance, mortgage registration and legal fees will be explained in detail.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015
Selling Your Home - Why it Pays to Use a REALTOR®
Before selling your home, you will need a clear understanding of the legal issues and potential pitfalls. One wrong action could result in a lot of cost and frustration, which is why it is essential to have a REALTOR® working with you, as he or she will make the sale of your home a successful and satisfying experience.Greater exposure
REALTORS® use the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®) to give your home maximum exposure. MLS® is a computer-based system that relays valuable information about your home to hundreds of REALTORS® and potential homebuyers.Setting a price
Setting a price for your home is an important but difficult process. Again, this is where the services of a REALTOR® prove invaluable. REALTORS® have the experience to help you understand how the market works and decide upon a realistic price that meets your goals. REALTORS® also pre-screen potential buyers to make sure only those who are serious and financially qualified view your home.
REALTORS® will also develop a marketing plan to help your property receive maximum exposure. This will likely include placing your home on the MLS® system and placing a "For Sale" sign on the front lawn. The plan will likely also include arranging open houses for other REALTORS® and potential buyers, and developing advertisements and feature sheets/mailers to market your home.
Once you have accepted an offer to buy your home, your REALTOR® will help ensure that all the proper paperwork is completed. He or she will also make sure that both parties meet the necessary conditions outlined in the agreement.Why working with a REALTOR® makes sense
When you work with a REALTOR® you will likely get a better price for your home than if you try to sell it yourself. Apart from the financial benefits, however, there is an extra measure of comfort and security that comes from having a REALTOR® on your side. Remember that REALTORS® are governed by a code of ethics and standards of business practice. They have also been trained and licensed under the provincial Real Estate Services Act to assist in transactions involving real property. When it comes to buying or selling property, using a REALTOR® just makes sense.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015
Since 1992, Sandra Carswell has lived and worked in her beloved Cowichan Valley, and is a successful licensed Realtor with Pemberton Holmes.
Sandra’s natural professionalism, integrity, diligence and knowledge of the local area are reputable and highly respected. Since starting her real estate career, Sandra has built an impressive roster of satisfied buyers and sellers due to her commitment to her clients’ needs and attention to detail. Specializing in residential and more recently commercial properties, Sandra’s passion for marketing and finding the right fit for you and your real estate investment is her goal and to that end, her personal hands-on service and marketing acumen are tangible benefits.
As a former restaurateur, Director of the BCRFA, Director of the Duncan Chamber of Commerce, BIA, Fringe Festival Society, and several festival and trade societies, Sandra has been actively involved and volunteered in the community she loves. She believes that today, her qualifications as a realtor have evolved from her years of community service and she prides herself on her commitment to customer service and hospitality that resonates in working with her clients to maximize value.
“When buying or selling your home, whether a first-time buyer, new resident of Cowichan Valley or moving within the area, the process of finding the right house for you and your family is an emotional one. This is why I take such good care of my clients. I understand the need for a smooth transition to a new home. My philosophies of constant communication, researching properties, and providing personal service through and after the move, is how I know I’ve done a good job for my clients and that they will enjoy a good sale of their existing property and many happy years in their new home.”
· Licensed realtor since 2006, part of the team at Osborne Realty
· Ongoing education with professional and real estate courses
· 22 year resident of Maple Bay in Duncan
· Active in sea kayaking, yoga, whiskey club, Fringe Festival, world travel
· Volunteer Food Service Director for the 2005 BC Seniors Games
· Former Director of Business Services at Quw’utsun’ Cultural & Conference Centre in downtown Duncan
· Past owner of “ASTA Pasta” restaurant in Duncan, BCRFA Restaurateur of the Year 1996,
Duncan Chamber 1995 Business Achiever of the Year
· President of Cowichan Valley BCRFA and Director provincial board of the BCREA.
· Very proud mother and grandmother
· Graduated and worked in Alberta as a Medical Laboratory Technician before moving to Duncan in 1992
· REALTOR® for Osborne Realty from 2006 to 2015